Cloud-Native Transformation for an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Company
- The client has a flagship ERM Product for Enterprises.
- The client wanted to improve the frequency of the product releases and improve the efficiency of multi-tenancy, with a robust service-based architecture.
- One of the most critical challenges is the multi-cloud strategy to support customers' needs in multiple geographies.
- After evaluating the client product and different modules in the ERM framework, our team felt it was essential to streamline the micro-services. Our team zeroed in on using the Istio.
- It provides traffic management, resilience, service level metrics, distributed tracing, encryption & advanced routing functionality.
- Istio helps developers focus on the business logic and handles the rest of the things related to Micro-services. We were clear about the containerization part and wanted to achieve multi-tenancy using Kubernetes.
- We achieved multi-tenancy using namespace isolation and network policies. We used Jenkins for pipeline automation, which accelerated the development and release cycles.
- The client has seen many benefits from the cloud-native ecosystem; with the microservices approach and the level of infrastructure automation provided by Kubernetes, the productivity has doubled across the organization, helping the client release new features at rapid speed.
- The release cycles are shortened by 95%. Developer productivity increased by 55%, resulting in an increased focus on better product features and more happy customers.