Cloud-Native Transformation for an Asia's Largest Insurance Group - Iorta Technologies & TATA AIG
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited (a joint venture between Tata Group and American International Group) is on a path to achieve a complete Cloud Native transformation in less than 12 months, making it one of the most significant enterprise transformations in APAC.
TYNYBAY has joined forces with Iorta Technologies as a Cloud Native Consulting Partner for implementing TATA AIG's Digital Transformation Initiative.
- The ability to quickly build applications and roll out features rapidly has been a key challenge to meet the post-pandemic needs of their customers.
- Enterprise systems have to be deeply integrated and responsive, with seamless workflows allowing remote workers to respond and act more quickly to any customer need.
- The team wanted to build Enterprise Architecture 2.0 a program of many initiatives to make TATA AIG a leader in the Insurance Technology Space for decades to come.
- As a Cloud Native Consulting Partner, TYNYBAY recommended the Cloud Native Ecosystem approach to accelerate rapid development and innovation.
- For driving innovation in organizations of any size, TYNYBAY's framework of Minimum Viable Transformation will empower teams to build and release applications faster. With TATA AIG, we adopted the same approach and developed a framework for building products in smaller, faster iterations and releases to reduce time to market. Critical validations and PoC's were also part of the framework.
- We chose Microservices to enable development teams to operate independently and build reusable components that can be used across various apps within the ERP 2.0 Platform.
- To leverage the power of Kubernetes, we have used the GitOps Approach to automate the code to deployment pipeline and significantly reduced the time to deployments. Dockerizing the Microservices and hosting them on harbor eliminates the dependency on proprietary container image hosting tools.
- We strategized Observability & Monitoring roadmap with logs collected at every application layer, strengthening the reliability of the application and customer experience to empower TATA AIG to achieve its milestone to become a Technology leader in the insurance space.
- With continuous delivery automated and reduced from a few hours to a few minutes, and multiple teams deploying more than 50 builds simultaneously every day, release cycles have been reduced from 2-3 weeks to less than 6 hours, enabling customers to test and improve on product feedback and develop new features almost every week.
- With the right use of Cloud Native technology, tools, and best practices, we were able to reduce time to market by almost 50%.